Mt. Kurama is a spiritual mountain in the north of Kyoto and it is considered to be one of the strongest spiritual spots. We pick you up at your hotel and move to Kurama by local train. Then we start trekking to the top. Going through many shrines and temples, until we reach the top of the mountain. You may feel a sense of power that resides there. Then we head for Kibune where there are restaurants that are over the river in summer. At the end, we visit the shrine of love!!
• Enjoy trekking the beautiful and spiritual mountain!
• Visit temples and shrines which have a strong spiritual atmosphere!!
• Appreciate nature and feel the fresh air outside in Kyoto.
9:00 AM - 4:00 PM (7.0 hours)
– 9:00 am Meetup at your hotel.
– take a mountain train to Kurama.
– Trek to the top of the mountain
(Go through one of the biggest spirital energy spots, the Kurama Temple)
– Get to Kibune and have lunch.
– Visit the Kibune Shrine (Good for Love).
– We will return to the center of Kyoto.
– 4:00 pm Finish the tour.
Your Hotel / TBD
Price (PER 1 GROUP)
Approximately 3:00 PM
・Hotel pick up
・Transportation fees (you [it's about 2,000 yen per person] and guide)
・Lunch (You & our Guide)
・Entrance Fees (If Required)
• If we have heavy rain, we can change to a Private Kyoto Town Walking Tour.
– (We could go anywhere you want to visit.)
• The time of trekking about 2.5 hours.
・This tour contains a lot of walking.
・(So we recommend you to come with comfortable walking shoes.)
We had a great two days with Akiko sharing her city with us. She was wonderful to talk with and also very engaging with the children. She was very knowledgeable and taught us about the Japanese cultures, religion, day to day life. She even taught our daughter origami on the train- ride. She shared with us her favorite local places to go and during our visit in the Gion area she was able to translate our during our private Maiko performance.
by Rachel San (04/02/19)
We wanted an excursion out of the city of Kyoto while in Japan and had an absolutely amazing full day with our guide, Fuji. She took us to Mount Kurama and Kibune to some really beuatiful shrines and a great hike. Met us at the hotel and helped to navigate the entire journey, which was lovely because it required multiple transfers in public trans which would have been far more complicated without her there. Fuji was so knowledgeable and answered all our questions and came prepared with papers and a mini lesson to teach us some history of the mountain and the temples. Would highly recommend this company and this guide! And also would highly recommend this excursion if you're looking for things to do outside your typical Kyoto checklist.